Wisbech Players to bring Love on the Beach to life
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Players will bring a farce to life later this year with ‘Love on the Beach’.
Read-throughs for the production will be held on July 18 and 20 with auditions taking place on July 25.
Written by Raymond Hopkins, the farcical comedy has a cast of two men and six women and will be directed by Chris Smith.
“Tom Millard’s world has been shattered by the death of his wife and he decides to write a bucket list, realising that life is short and precious…” say the group.
“Firstly, he takes early retirement and moves to live by the sea, upsetting both his daughters in the process. They arrange for his late wife’s best friend to visit him with the idea of persuading him to move back with her.
You may also want to watch:
“However, things don’t go quite according to their plan thanks to Tom’s best friend together with a lady escort, an elderly cleaner and a female vicar. There are misunderstandings, bruised egos and identity mix-ups galore.”
Read-throughs and audition evenings held at Mendi’s from 7.30pm.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
Contact Wendy Coles on 01945 474131 for more info.