Wisbech Players to bring Love on the Beach to life
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Players will bring a farce to life later this year with ‘Love on the Beach’.
Read-throughs for the production will be held on July 18 and 20 with auditions taking place on July 25.
Written by Raymond Hopkins, the farcical comedy has a cast of two men and six women and will be directed by Chris Smith.
“Tom Millard’s world has been shattered by the death of his wife and he decides to write a bucket list, realising that life is short and precious…” say the group.
“Firstly, he takes early retirement and moves to live by the sea, upsetting both his daughters in the process. They arrange for his late wife’s best friend to visit him with the idea of persuading him to move back with her.
“However, things don’t go quite according to their plan thanks to Tom’s best friend together with a lady escort, an elderly cleaner and a female vicar. There are misunderstandings, bruised egos and identity mix-ups galore.”
Read-throughs and audition evenings held at Mendi’s from 7.30pm.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 5 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
Contact Wendy Coles on 01945 474131 for more info.