Wisbech Players to bring Love on the Beach to life
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Players will bring a farce to life later this year with ‘Love on the Beach’.
Read-throughs for the production will be held on July 18 and 20 with auditions taking place on July 25.
Written by Raymond Hopkins, the farcical comedy has a cast of two men and six women and will be directed by Chris Smith.
“Tom Millard’s world has been shattered by the death of his wife and he decides to write a bucket list, realising that life is short and precious…” say the group.
“Firstly, he takes early retirement and moves to live by the sea, upsetting both his daughters in the process. They arrange for his late wife’s best friend to visit him with the idea of persuading him to move back with her.
You may also want to watch:
“However, things don’t go quite according to their plan thanks to Tom’s best friend together with a lady escort, an elderly cleaner and a female vicar. There are misunderstandings, bruised egos and identity mix-ups galore.”
Read-throughs and audition evenings held at Mendi’s from 7.30pm.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Contact Wendy Coles on 01945 474131 for more info.