Wisbech Players to bring Love on the Beach to life
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Players will bring a farce to life later this year with ‘Love on the Beach’.
Read-throughs for the production will be held on July 18 and 20 with auditions taking place on July 25.
Written by Raymond Hopkins, the farcical comedy has a cast of two men and six women and will be directed by Chris Smith.
“Tom Millard’s world has been shattered by the death of his wife and he decides to write a bucket list, realising that life is short and precious…” say the group.
“Firstly, he takes early retirement and moves to live by the sea, upsetting both his daughters in the process. They arrange for his late wife’s best friend to visit him with the idea of persuading him to move back with her.
You may also want to watch:
“However, things don’t go quite according to their plan thanks to Tom’s best friend together with a lady escort, an elderly cleaner and a female vicar. There are misunderstandings, bruised egos and identity mix-ups galore.”
Read-throughs and audition evenings held at Mendi’s from 7.30pm.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
Contact Wendy Coles on 01945 474131 for more info.