New look for Wisbech play areas thanks to £30,000 of improvement funding
- Credit: Archant
Three play areas in Wisbech have been given a makeover thanks to £30,000 of council funding.
Fenland District Council has carried out improvements in Wisbech Park, and play areas in Jasmin Close and Burcroft Road, with new equipment installed.
The of works was developed in collaboration with Wisbech Town Council and funded by Section 106 monies given to Fenland as part of planning agreements.
The improvements include a new play frame at Jasmin Close play area, a new see-saw and swing at Burcroft Road play area and a new zip wire, play equipment and back board for the Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) at Wisbech Park.
Cllr Peter Murphy, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder for parks and open spaces, said: “The Section 106 funding allows something to be given back to the local community and provides some great additions to the existing play facilities in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope children enjoy playing with them for years to come.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week