WISBECH: Persistent shop lifter becomes ninth person to be given ASBO in a year
PERSISTENT shop lifter Antonio Barros today became the ninth person in Wisbech to be given an ASBO in the past 12 months. Under the terms of the anti-social behaviour order, 21-year-old Barros, of Albion Place, Wisbech, is banned from all retail premises
PERSISTENT shop lifter Antonio Barros today became the ninth person in Wisbech to be given an ASBO in the past 12 months.
Under the terms of the anti-social behaviour order, 21-year-old Barros, of Albion Place, Wisbech, is banned from all retail premises within the town centre, and is also banned from the Aldi and Asda supermarkets.
Barros is also prohibited from abusing, insulting, harassing, threatening or otherwise acting in a manner which causes, or is likely to cause nuisance, harassment, alarm or distress to any person within the district of Fenland.
Sgt Dave Bax, of the Waterlees and Clarkson Neighbourhood Policing Team said: "I am grateful to the court for supporting and making this order, as I know it allows police officers and the community to act "there and then," if breaches are reported, and it sets a prohibitive line in the sand for persons given the orders.
You may also want to watch:
"The police are specialists at enforcement, and arresting over 1260 offences since 1st January 2009 shows we mean business.
"We will be watching Barros very carefully and will pursue any breaches rigorously.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians