WISBECH: Persistent shop lifter becomes ninth person to be given ASBO in a year
PERSISTENT shop lifter Antonio Barros today became the ninth person in Wisbech to be given an ASBO in the past 12 months. Under the terms of the anti-social behaviour order, 21-year-old Barros, of Albion Place, Wisbech, is banned from all retail premises
PERSISTENT shop lifter Antonio Barros today became the ninth person in Wisbech to be given an ASBO in the past 12 months.
Under the terms of the anti-social behaviour order, 21-year-old Barros, of Albion Place, Wisbech, is banned from all retail premises within the town centre, and is also banned from the Aldi and Asda supermarkets.
Barros is also prohibited from abusing, insulting, harassing, threatening or otherwise acting in a manner which causes, or is likely to cause nuisance, harassment, alarm or distress to any person within the district of Fenland.
Sgt Dave Bax, of the Waterlees and Clarkson Neighbourhood Policing Team said: "I am grateful to the court for supporting and making this order, as I know it allows police officers and the community to act "there and then," if breaches are reported, and it sets a prohibitive line in the sand for persons given the orders.
You may also want to watch:
"The police are specialists at enforcement, and arresting over 1260 offences since 1st January 2009 shows we mean business.
"We will be watching Barros very carefully and will pursue any breaches rigorously.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children