WISBECH: Pensioner appealing for information over missing purse
A PENSIONER is appealing for information after losing her purse during a shopping trip in Wisbech yesterday (Thursday). Patricia Gunn, 72, from Peterborough was in Wisbech town centre from about 10am-12.15pm. She noticed the purse was missing when she wa
A PENSIONER is appealing for information after losing her purse during a shopping trip in Wisbech yesterday (Thursday).
Patricia Gunn, 72, from Peterborough was in Wisbech town centre from about 10am-12.15pm.
She noticed the purse was missing when she was as the bus stop by the Horsefair Shopping Centre.
She said: "It contained money, credit cards, �40 worth of Marks and Spencer vouchers and some sentimental items my daughter had sent to me from Australia.
You may also want to watch:
"The purse was in a shopping bag, so I don't know if it fell out or was stolen.
"I only had it out once when I bought bird seed from the market. I spent a bit of time in the Horsefair Shopping Centre and went into a few shops.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
"I'm an honest person and I'd like to think that if anyone finds my purse they will do the right thing and contact the police."
With no money, Mrs Gunn was worried about getting home but she said, "The lady at Wisbech Police Station was very helpful.
"She even wrote a letter to the bus driver to explain my situation and drove me to the bus stop. I am very grateful."
Wisbech Police Station can be contacted by calling 0845 456 4564.