Wisbech PCSO hands �2,700 to Royal Anglian Regiment on behalf of Help for Heroes
A CHEQUE for �2,700 was presented by PCSO Sue Clarke to the Royal Anglian Regiment on behalf of Help for Heroes.
The money was raised by a sponsored swim organised by PCSO Clarke at the Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech for the charity, which aims to help those wounded in Britain’s current conflicts.
She said: “We often have police coming in [the army] from the force and people feel strongly about what’s going on at the moment.
Swimming is the best sport I’m good at, so I decided to help raise money for Help for Heroes.”
The presentation ceremony took place on Saturday at the Anglia Motel, Spalding.
Hundreds of attendees including South Holland MP John Hayes, former members of the regiment and family members joined the troops to show their support.
PCSO Clarke said: “It went very well, we raised an amazing amount. It shows what strong support we have; it’s a strong charity.”
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'best dad you could have asked for'
PSCO Clarke will soon embark on her next mission to complete a 5km sponsored run in March, in association with March Athletic Club on April 3 to raise more money for Help for Heroes.