‘We should be proud of our town’: Aerial drone footage shows quiet Wisbech on lockdown
- Credit: YouTube/Konrad Klich
Drone footage filmed from above shows how Wisbech is taking on the Government lockdown rules – causing mixed reactions on social media.
The video, captured by filmmaker Konrad Klich, has been viewed more than 1,000 times on YouTube and has been described as “powerful”.
Clips show an empty town centre, as well as one or two people walking the streets and hardly any cars, an image of the town, which some argue, is inaccurate.
Replying to the video online, one resident said: I drove to work this morning and did wonder if the lock down had been lifted. Doesn’t seem to be a proper ‘lock down’.”
Another said: “We should be proud of our town. I am just having a coffee whilst working, watched this [video] and it’s brought tears to my eyes.”
Someone replied: “[Konrad] must have taken these shots in the early hours of daylight I think.”
Another said: “If you watch it closely... some cars and people vanish from it. So, I’m guessing a lot of editing was used on this.”
What do you think of Konrad’s video? Is it an accurate representation of lockdown in Wisbech? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant