WISBECH: Office used by estate agent could be converted to take away/cafe restaurant
AN office used by estate agents Grounds and Co could be converted to a take away/caf� in Wisbech. Owners of 2 Nene Quay have applied to Fenland District Council for permission for change of use of the building. Agent David Irving says the application is t
AN office used by estate agents Grounds and Co could be converted to a take away/caf� in Wisbech.
Owners of 2 Nene Quay have applied to Fenland District Council for permission for change of use of the building.
Agent David Irving says the application is to allow more flexibility in being able to find a tenant quickly "to avoid yet another long-term commercial premises lying empty in the town".
He believes the proposed change of use will have a minimal affect on the area and have no detrimental impact on the conservation area.
You may also want to watch:
He says the former Belfast building nearby is still empty and still looking in a state of dilapidation.
"At least with 2 Nene Quay, which is immediately adjoining the Belfast, being occupied it will strongly enhance the outlook of the present street scene," he says.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
He says the owners of the 2 Nene Quay had spent a lot of time and money renovating the building.
"Nearly �20,000 alone was spent on hand-made windows to ensure the building retained its' Georgian feel in line with the conservation area requirements," he says.
"It is not in their interests to create an application or use that will adversely affect the freehold, or the two new apartments above, all of which they own.