WISBECH: Office used by estate agent could be converted to take away/cafe restaurant
AN office used by estate agents Grounds and Co could be converted to a take away/caf� in Wisbech. Owners of 2 Nene Quay have applied to Fenland District Council for permission for change of use of the building. Agent David Irving says the application is t
AN office used by estate agents Grounds and Co could be converted to a take away/caf� in Wisbech.
Owners of 2 Nene Quay have applied to Fenland District Council for permission for change of use of the building.
Agent David Irving says the application is to allow more flexibility in being able to find a tenant quickly "to avoid yet another long-term commercial premises lying empty in the town".
He believes the proposed change of use will have a minimal affect on the area and have no detrimental impact on the conservation area.
He says the former Belfast building nearby is still empty and still looking in a state of dilapidation.
"At least with 2 Nene Quay, which is immediately adjoining the Belfast, being occupied it will strongly enhance the outlook of the present street scene," he says.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
He says the owners of the 2 Nene Quay had spent a lot of time and money renovating the building.
"Nearly �20,000 alone was spent on hand-made windows to ensure the building retained its' Georgian feel in line with the conservation area requirements," he says.
"It is not in their interests to create an application or use that will adversely affect the freehold, or the two new apartments above, all of which they own.