WISBECH: New Lidl store prepares for its opening at 8am on Monday
A NEW Lidl store, situated on Cromwell Road, Wisbech, will open its doors to the public on Monday at 8am. The new store will be open Monday - Saturday 8am-9pm and Sunday 10am-4pm and have an in-store sales area of 1063 square metres. A compa
A NEW Lidl store, situated on Cromwell Road, Wisbech, will open its doors to the public on Monday at 8am.
The new store will be open Monday - Saturday 8am-9pm and Sunday 10am-4pm and have an in-store sales area of 1063 square metres.
A company spokesperson said: " We are really excited to unveil our new Lidl store to
the residents of Wisbech. The new supermarket will provide local people with a greater choice and range of products, helping to keep people shopping locally. In addition to
You may also want to watch:
bringing alternative customer choice and value, the new Lidl store will stimulate the local economy, encouraging competitive pricing with other major supermarkets and
create more jobs that will in turn help support the community. "
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
The history of Lidl goes back to the 1930s, when Lidl & Schwarz Grocery Wholesale was founded in Germany. The first Lidl stores were opened in 1973 and by the 1980s Lidl was a household name throughout Germany. During the 1990s Lidl started to open stores outside Germany and today Lidl stores can be found in nearly every country in Europe. Lidl is now well established as a major European food retailer.
Since establishing themselves in the UK in 1994, they have grown consistently and today have more than 450 stores.