WISBECH: New gym opens at the Hudson Leisure Centre
FITNESS enthusiasts in Wisbech have been quick to take advantage of the impressive new gym that has just been opened at the Hudson leisure centre. The new, air-conditioned room contains more than 40 pieces of state-of-the-art equipment. It is the latest m
FITNESS enthusiasts in Wisbech have been quick to take advantage of the impressive new gym that has just been opened at the Hudson leisure centre.
The new, air-conditioned room contains more than 40 pieces of state-of-the-art equipment. It is the latest move in the continuing upgrading of the centre.
Other improvements include a new "spinning" room, featuring 22 bikes, and the relocation of the cr�che to enable customers to leaver their children safely on site while they are busy doing other things.
Councillor Steve Garratt, portfolio holder with responsibility for health and young people, took the opportunity to test some of the equipment when he formally opened the new gym last week.
You may also want to watch:
He was also one of the first to make use of the new automatic access reception that makes it easier and quicker for regular customers to gain entrance to the centre.
He said: "All these innovations underline our determination to make the Hudson a really first-class leisure centre for the people of Wisbech. Having had a go on the new gym equipment myself, I'm convinced that it will make a real difference to anyone who wants to get fit and stay healthy."
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
A special "refer a friend" promotion is continuing at Fenland's three leisure centres until the end of July. Current members can refer a friend and once the friend has signed up for a six-month membership the current member gets a month's use of the centre free. For details, visit www.fenland.gov.uk/ccm/content/leisure-centres/current-promotions.en.