WISBECH: New facilities at Rosmini Centre offer services for the whole community
SERVICES for the whole community are now on offer at the newly refurbished Rosmini Centre in Wisbech. A lunch club runs every weekday, the centre runs two youth clubs, and the therapy room is now open. There are plans to run art sessions for teenagers dur
SERVICES for the whole community are now on offer at the newly refurbished Rosmini Centre in Wisbech.
A lunch club runs every weekday, the centre runs two youth clubs, and the therapy room is now open.
There are plans to run art sessions for teenagers during August, IT lessons are due to start in the next couple of weeks, and craft fairs will be starting in September.
Since the official opening, we have started to bring in all the new services for the local community," said development manager Anita Grodkiewicz.
You may also want to watch:
"People could come to us for lunch, and then have a reflexology session. We also offer aromatherapy, and mini aromatherapy facials."
Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire Gillian Wild officially opened the centre in Queen's Road, and the Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Yvonne Lawrence was a guest at the ceremony.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
Last year the centre received a �3,000 grant from Young Lives, which has enabled the centre to run a parent/toddler group, play and learn sessions, craft days, cultural trips and family learning sessions.
The community caf�, lunch club, breakfast and after school clubs are among the many services provided at the centre, along with lessons in English, Spanish and Polish.