Wisbech musician The Banjo Man performs in the USA
A Wisbech musician recently returned from the USA where he was the headline act at the North American Banjo Convention in Dearborn, Michigan.
Sean Moyses, who is widely known as ‘The Banjo Man’, said of the show: “It was great to receive such a warm welcome.”
The performance also marked the launch of his 14th album ‘The Banjo Man Plays Requests’.
Having travelled the world with his music, Sean also entertains locally and has now been a professional banjo player for 40 years.
He started performing around Wisbech with The Moyses Family Band in the mid 1970’s when he was a schoolboy.
You may also want to watch:
Sean will play concerts and festivals across Europe but also enjoys playing locally for carehomes, WI’s and bowls clubs.
He will present a trad jazz night at The Angles Theatre in Wisbech on November 10 alongside two other top UK jazz musicians.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
Visit http://www.seanmoyses.net/ for upcoming concert dates.