Wisbech musician The Banjo Man performs in the USA
A Wisbech musician recently returned from the USA where he was the headline act at the North American Banjo Convention in Dearborn, Michigan.
Sean Moyses, who is widely known as ‘The Banjo Man’, said of the show: “It was great to receive such a warm welcome.”
The performance also marked the launch of his 14th album ‘The Banjo Man Plays Requests’.
Having travelled the world with his music, Sean also entertains locally and has now been a professional banjo player for 40 years.
He started performing around Wisbech with The Moyses Family Band in the mid 1970’s when he was a schoolboy.
You may also want to watch:
Sean will play concerts and festivals across Europe but also enjoys playing locally for carehomes, WI’s and bowls clubs.
He will present a trad jazz night at The Angles Theatre in Wisbech on November 10 alongside two other top UK jazz musicians.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
Visit http://www.seanmoyses.net/ for upcoming concert dates.