Wisbech musician The Banjo Man performs in the USA
A Wisbech musician recently returned from the USA where he was the headline act at the North American Banjo Convention in Dearborn, Michigan.
Sean Moyses, who is widely known as ‘The Banjo Man’, said of the show: “It was great to receive such a warm welcome.”
The performance also marked the launch of his 14th album ‘The Banjo Man Plays Requests’.
Having travelled the world with his music, Sean also entertains locally and has now been a professional banjo player for 40 years.
He started performing around Wisbech with The Moyses Family Band in the mid 1970’s when he was a schoolboy.
Sean will play concerts and festivals across Europe but also enjoys playing locally for carehomes, WI’s and bowls clubs.
He will present a trad jazz night at The Angles Theatre in Wisbech on November 10 alongside two other top UK jazz musicians.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
Visit http://www.seanmoyses.net/ for upcoming concert dates.