Wisbech musician The Banjo Man performs in the USA
A Wisbech musician recently returned from the USA where he was the headline act at the North American Banjo Convention in Dearborn, Michigan.
Sean Moyses, who is widely known as ‘The Banjo Man’, said of the show: “It was great to receive such a warm welcome.”
The performance also marked the launch of his 14th album ‘The Banjo Man Plays Requests’.
Having travelled the world with his music, Sean also entertains locally and has now been a professional banjo player for 40 years.
He started performing around Wisbech with The Moyses Family Band in the mid 1970’s when he was a schoolboy.
Sean will play concerts and festivals across Europe but also enjoys playing locally for carehomes, WI’s and bowls clubs.
He will present a trad jazz night at The Angles Theatre in Wisbech on November 10 alongside two other top UK jazz musicians.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
Visit http://www.seanmoyses.net/ for upcoming concert dates.