Wisbech musician The Banjo Man performs in the USA
A Wisbech musician recently returned from the USA where he was the headline act at the North American Banjo Convention in Dearborn, Michigan.
Sean Moyses, who is widely known as ‘The Banjo Man’, said of the show: “It was great to receive such a warm welcome.”
The performance also marked the launch of his 14th album ‘The Banjo Man Plays Requests’.
Having travelled the world with his music, Sean also entertains locally and has now been a professional banjo player for 40 years.
He started performing around Wisbech with The Moyses Family Band in the mid 1970’s when he was a schoolboy.
You may also want to watch:
Sean will play concerts and festivals across Europe but also enjoys playing locally for carehomes, WI’s and bowls clubs.
He will present a trad jazz night at The Angles Theatre in Wisbech on November 10 alongside two other top UK jazz musicians.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
Visit http://www.seanmoyses.net/ for upcoming concert dates.