WISBECH: More than 200 youngsters enjoy healthy eating day at Nene Infants School
NENE Infants School in Wisbech enjoyed a healthy eating day with more than 200 youngsters aged three – seven taking part. Activities during the day included a skipping demonstration from Skip Hop, oral health information from the local dentist, sandwich m
NENE Infants School in Wisbech enjoyed a healthy eating day with more than 200 youngsters aged three - seven taking part.
Activities during the day included a skipping demonstration from Skip Hop, oral health information from the local dentist, sandwich making sessions which healthy ingredients donated by Aldi and a decorate a bike, scooter and buggy competition.
The winner of this competition was Lloyd Norris who won a �10 Tesco voucher.
In the afternoon parents and friends of the school came in to view what the children had been doing throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
This included a market in the school hall which displayed the children's work.
All of the children took home their healthy sandwich they had made and a stack of healthy recipes and a free fruit snack.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
Headteacher Leslie Mardle said: "This was a fabulous day. When the children were asked what their favourite part of the day was they replied 'all of it'.