Wisbech milkman delivering final round after 22 years of putting smiles on the faces of customers
- Credit: Archant
A milkman will deliver his final round today after 22 years of serving customers in Emneth, Moyse’s Bank and Walsoken.
Jack Johnson, a Dairy Crest milk&more milkman from Wisbech, is retiring to spend more time with his six grandchildren.
He would often take time out on his round to lend a hand bringing in the shopping and looking out for customers.
Jim Maskell, depot manager at Wisbech, said: “Jack will be missed by the team at the depot and by his customers.
“His commitment and service to his customers has been second to none and he has become an important part of the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“Jack’s customers will continue to be served by the team at Wisbech and their new milkman will be in touch shortly.”
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 10 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000