Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club members donate £3,000 to Meadowgate School
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club donated £3,000 to Meadowgate School during their Valentine’s Day meeting.
Along with their partners, who were all handed roses, members were welcomed in by Tony Yates, club chairman.
Martin Egbert, last year’s chairman, presented a cheque for £3000 to Jacky McPherson on behalf of Meadowgate School, which was Martin’s chosen charity.
Jacky thanked the club and said: “Every penny will be spent for the benefit of the children at the school”.
John Groom, owner of a management and landscaping business, was proposed as the new vice chairman and will be inducted at the next meeting.
Tony Yates introduced Graham Tyres, who represented his chosen charity for this year, Brake the road safety charity.
Graham told members of the phone call his family had announcing the death of his son caused by a road accident.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
Break was founded in 1995 in Bradford and gives support to families through the loss of someone caused by a road accident.
Tony Yates announced his chairman at home function will be held at Wisbech Rugby Club on Sunday April 29.
The new date for the annual Norfolk broads boat trip is scheduled for June 22 with entertainment being supplied on board.
The Grand Ball is to be held on Saturday October 6 at Wisbech St Mary Community Centre with top group, Vision, booked to play.
The next meeting is Wednesday March 14, where the guest speaker will be Henry Wagner, a navigator during the Second World War.