Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club members donate £3,000 to Meadowgate School
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club donated £3,000 to Meadowgate School during their Valentine’s Day meeting.
Along with their partners, who were all handed roses, members were welcomed in by Tony Yates, club chairman.
Martin Egbert, last year’s chairman, presented a cheque for £3000 to Jacky McPherson on behalf of Meadowgate School, which was Martin’s chosen charity.
Jacky thanked the club and said: “Every penny will be spent for the benefit of the children at the school”.
John Groom, owner of a management and landscaping business, was proposed as the new vice chairman and will be inducted at the next meeting.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Yates introduced Graham Tyres, who represented his chosen charity for this year, Brake the road safety charity.
Graham told members of the phone call his family had announcing the death of his son caused by a road accident.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Break was founded in 1995 in Bradford and gives support to families through the loss of someone caused by a road accident.
Tony Yates announced his chairman at home function will be held at Wisbech Rugby Club on Sunday April 29.
The new date for the annual Norfolk broads boat trip is scheduled for June 22 with entertainment being supplied on board.
The Grand Ball is to be held on Saturday October 6 at Wisbech St Mary Community Centre with top group, Vision, booked to play.
The next meeting is Wednesday March 14, where the guest speaker will be Henry Wagner, a navigator during the Second World War.