Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club members donate £3,000 to Meadowgate School
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club donated £3,000 to Meadowgate School during their Valentine’s Day meeting.
Along with their partners, who were all handed roses, members were welcomed in by Tony Yates, club chairman.
Martin Egbert, last year’s chairman, presented a cheque for £3000 to Jacky McPherson on behalf of Meadowgate School, which was Martin’s chosen charity.
Jacky thanked the club and said: “Every penny will be spent for the benefit of the children at the school”.
John Groom, owner of a management and landscaping business, was proposed as the new vice chairman and will be inducted at the next meeting.
Tony Yates introduced Graham Tyres, who represented his chosen charity for this year, Brake the road safety charity.
Graham told members of the phone call his family had announcing the death of his son caused by a road accident.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
Break was founded in 1995 in Bradford and gives support to families through the loss of someone caused by a road accident.
Tony Yates announced his chairman at home function will be held at Wisbech Rugby Club on Sunday April 29.
The new date for the annual Norfolk broads boat trip is scheduled for June 22 with entertainment being supplied on board.
The Grand Ball is to be held on Saturday October 6 at Wisbech St Mary Community Centre with top group, Vision, booked to play.
The next meeting is Wednesday March 14, where the guest speaker will be Henry Wagner, a navigator during the Second World War.