Wisbech & Meadowgate Volunteer Police Cadets visit residents at Glennfield Care Home
- Credit: Archant
Members of Wisbech & Meadowgate Volunteer Police Cadets visited residents at Glennfield Care Home in Wisbech last week.
They spent time sitting with the residents and also talked about some of the great things the cadets have been doing.
A great time was had by all said a spokesman for the police cadets group.
The Meadowgate Police Cadets are also regular visitors to the Oasis Day Club in Wisbech, providing afternoon tea and playing bingo with residents.
During one visit last year they brought cakes and played ‘curling’ in the hall with club members, playing in teams.
You may also want to watch:
In March 2017 seventeen cadets from the two groups and five leaders were given a national award. They attended an event at Buckingham Palace and were presented with the award in front of more than 300 guests, including The Prince of Wales.
Are you aged 13-18, looking for a future in the police or want to get involved with community projects? Then get in touch with your local police service and become a VPC. Visit www.nationalvpc.org for more info.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son