Wisbech & Meadowgate Volunteer Police Cadets visit residents at Glennfield Care Home
- Credit: Archant
Members of Wisbech & Meadowgate Volunteer Police Cadets visited residents at Glennfield Care Home in Wisbech last week.
They spent time sitting with the residents and also talked about some of the great things the cadets have been doing.
A great time was had by all said a spokesman for the police cadets group.
The Meadowgate Police Cadets are also regular visitors to the Oasis Day Club in Wisbech, providing afternoon tea and playing bingo with residents.
During one visit last year they brought cakes and played ‘curling’ in the hall with club members, playing in teams.
You may also want to watch:
In March 2017 seventeen cadets from the two groups and five leaders were given a national award. They attended an event at Buckingham Palace and were presented with the award in front of more than 300 guests, including The Prince of Wales.
Are you aged 13-18, looking for a future in the police or want to get involved with community projects? Then get in touch with your local police service and become a VPC. Visit www.nationalvpc.org for more info.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed