Wisbech McDonalds raise £350 for the Ronald McDonald House Charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at McDonald’s in Wisbech raised £350 for charity by holding a jungle-themed fun day.
Activities including arts and crafts for children, face painting, tombola, name the bear and many more activities helped raised money for the Ronald McDonald House Charity (RMHC).
The money raised is the equivalent of 14 nights in a safe home for a family in need.
The jungle themed fun day is now in its second year. However the Wisbech restaurant runs regular events and fun days every four to five months.
A spokesman for RMHC said: “We give families a warm and welcoming environment within which they can stay for as long as they need – be it a matter of days, months or even years.
You may also want to watch:
James Garner, business manager of McDonald’s in Wisbech, said: “The day went brilliantly, we ran this theme last year and this time we’ve received a lot more support.
“This is definitely the biggest fun day we’ve ever had.”
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
For more information on the Ronald McDonald House Charity, visit www.rmhc.org.uk/ or call 03000 111 113.