Wisbech McDonalds raise £350 for the Ronald McDonald House Charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at McDonald’s in Wisbech raised £350 for charity by holding a jungle-themed fun day.
Activities including arts and crafts for children, face painting, tombola, name the bear and many more activities helped raised money for the Ronald McDonald House Charity (RMHC).
The money raised is the equivalent of 14 nights in a safe home for a family in need.
The jungle themed fun day is now in its second year. However the Wisbech restaurant runs regular events and fun days every four to five months.
A spokesman for RMHC said: “We give families a warm and welcoming environment within which they can stay for as long as they need – be it a matter of days, months or even years.
You may also want to watch:
James Garner, business manager of McDonald’s in Wisbech, said: “The day went brilliantly, we ran this theme last year and this time we’ve received a lot more support.
“This is definitely the biggest fun day we’ve ever had.”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
For more information on the Ronald McDonald House Charity, visit www.rmhc.org.uk/ or call 03000 111 113.