Wisbech McDonalds raise £350 for the Ronald McDonald House Charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at McDonald’s in Wisbech raised £350 for charity by holding a jungle-themed fun day.
Activities including arts and crafts for children, face painting, tombola, name the bear and many more activities helped raised money for the Ronald McDonald House Charity (RMHC).
The money raised is the equivalent of 14 nights in a safe home for a family in need.
The jungle themed fun day is now in its second year. However the Wisbech restaurant runs regular events and fun days every four to five months.
A spokesman for RMHC said: “We give families a warm and welcoming environment within which they can stay for as long as they need – be it a matter of days, months or even years.
You may also want to watch:
James Garner, business manager of McDonald’s in Wisbech, said: “The day went brilliantly, we ran this theme last year and this time we’ve received a lot more support.
“This is definitely the biggest fun day we’ve ever had.”
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
For more information on the Ronald McDonald House Charity, visit www.rmhc.org.uk/ or call 03000 111 113.