Watch as dozens head into Wisbech town centre as market gets back into its stride
- Credit: Archant
Buy local. Stay local. Shop local. The message from Wisbech as it begins the journey out of lockdown.
The market is at the heart of the community and although it carried on with limited stalls, it is looking to getting back to something approaching normality.
Reaction to the re-awakening of the market was welcoming during our visit.
Many customers are venturing out for the first time in months into the town centre and those shops re-opening on Monday, hope the sun continues to beat down on the town.
There’s never been a better moment to support our town, our community and our bustling market and independent shops.
You may also want to watch:
Life may have changed. It may be more challenging. And social distancing may be here for some time to come.
But Wisbech, its market, its shops, its atmosphere and, now its customers, are on the way back.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films