Wisbech man who slammed ex-partner's head against pub wall released by magistrates
AFTER spending 47 days remanded in custody, a man who slammed his former partner s head against a Wisbech pub wall was freed by magistrates who sentenced him this week. Nick Clifton will be supervised by the probation service for the next 18 months, and m
AFTER spending 47 days remanded in custody, a man who slammed his former partner's head against a Wisbech pub wall was freed by magistrates who sentenced him this week.
Nick Clifton will be supervised by the probation service for the next 18 months, and must pay �100 compensation to his victim Melanie Knight.
Clifton, who had also admitted charges of threatening behaviour against his ex-partner and damaging a window at her home, was also ordered to pay another �80 compensation for damaging her phone, and �50 for damaging a window.
Fenland magistrates were told how Clifton - who had drunk six or seven pints before the assault -had grabbed Ms Knight round the throat, and poked her in the eye.
You may also want to watch:
Clifton, 34, of Leverington Road, Wisbech, had admitted assaulting Ms Knight on December 10; using threatening behaviour against her on December 3; and damaging a window at her home in Elm on September 20.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover