Wisbech man named as victim of A142 crash at Mepal - police confirm other driver arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man has been named as the victim of a fatal collision on the A142 at Mepal near Chatteris on Tuesday morning.
The driver of one of the vehicles involved has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
A Cambs police spokesman said today: “Sadly the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa van, 60-year-old Keith Howlett of Mill Lane in Wisbech, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.”
Officers were called at about 6am to reports of a serious collision involving a blue Nissan Patrol, a silver Renault Trafic van, a silver Vauxhall Corsa, a white Vauxhall Corsa Van and an arctic lorry.
The drivers of the Renault Trafic and artic lorry both suffered serious but not life threatening injuries, while the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Nissan Patrol, a 46-year-old man from Haverhill who suffered minor injuries, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released from police custody while the investigation continues.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
Anyone with information is asked to contact the forensic collision investigation unit on 101.