Wisbech man named as victim of A142 crash at Mepal - police confirm other driver arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man has been named as the victim of a fatal collision on the A142 at Mepal near Chatteris on Tuesday morning.
The driver of one of the vehicles involved has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
A Cambs police spokesman said today: “Sadly the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa van, 60-year-old Keith Howlett of Mill Lane in Wisbech, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.”
Officers were called at about 6am to reports of a serious collision involving a blue Nissan Patrol, a silver Renault Trafic van, a silver Vauxhall Corsa, a white Vauxhall Corsa Van and an arctic lorry.
The drivers of the Renault Trafic and artic lorry both suffered serious but not life threatening injuries, while the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Nissan Patrol, a 46-year-old man from Haverhill who suffered minor injuries, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released from police custody while the investigation continues.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 5 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 6 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 7 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 8 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
Anyone with information is asked to contact the forensic collision investigation unit on 101.