Wisbech man named as victim of A142 crash at Mepal - police confirm other driver arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man has been named as the victim of a fatal collision on the A142 at Mepal near Chatteris on Tuesday morning.
The driver of one of the vehicles involved has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
A Cambs police spokesman said today: “Sadly the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa van, 60-year-old Keith Howlett of Mill Lane in Wisbech, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.”
Officers were called at about 6am to reports of a serious collision involving a blue Nissan Patrol, a silver Renault Trafic van, a silver Vauxhall Corsa, a white Vauxhall Corsa Van and an arctic lorry.
The drivers of the Renault Trafic and artic lorry both suffered serious but not life threatening injuries, while the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Nissan Patrol, a 46-year-old man from Haverhill who suffered minor injuries, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released from police custody while the investigation continues.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
Anyone with information is asked to contact the forensic collision investigation unit on 101.