Wisbech man named as victim of A142 crash at Mepal - police confirm other driver arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man has been named as the victim of a fatal collision on the A142 at Mepal near Chatteris on Tuesday morning.
The driver of one of the vehicles involved has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
A Cambs police spokesman said today: “Sadly the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa van, 60-year-old Keith Howlett of Mill Lane in Wisbech, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.”
Officers were called at about 6am to reports of a serious collision involving a blue Nissan Patrol, a silver Renault Trafic van, a silver Vauxhall Corsa, a white Vauxhall Corsa Van and an arctic lorry.
The drivers of the Renault Trafic and artic lorry both suffered serious but not life threatening injuries, while the driver of the Vauxhall Corsa suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Nissan Patrol, a 46-year-old man from Haverhill who suffered minor injuries, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released from police custody while the investigation continues.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
Anyone with information is asked to contact the forensic collision investigation unit on 101.