Girls, aged 14 and 16, arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in his 80s
- Credit: Google Streetview
Two girls – aged 14 and 16 – have been bailed in connection with an incident in Wisbech in which a man, in his 80s, has died.
The teenage girls were two of four people who were arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident, which happened on Saturday afternoon.
A girl, aged 12, and a man were also arrested but have been released with no further action.
The events unfolded in Edinburgh Drive, Wisbech, at around 5pm on Saturday when the man is thought to have confronted people in his home.
A police spokesperson said: "We were called at about 5pm on Saturday (September 28) by the ambulance service with reports of a man in cardiac arrest in Edinburgh Drive, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
"The man, in his 80s, sadly passed away at the scene. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained.
"Three girls aged 12, 14 and 16 and a 20-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident. Two girls aged 14 and 16 have been bailed until October 25. The other 12-year-old girl and the man have been released with no further action."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
Neighbours rushed to the home of the man in his 80s after the incident and one resident tried to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
Another said neighbours "heard a noise and as their son had just gone out to play they went to see. He went into the house with another resident as the door was still open."
Police have not confirmed reports - widely shared by residents - that a hammer was found in nearby bushes.
A post mortem on the man who died is being held.