WISBECH: Man hit over the head as he walked home from the Locomotive
A MAN was hit over the head and knocked to the ground as he walked home from a night out.The 26-year-old left the Locomotive pub in Lynn Road, Wisbech, at around 2am on Saturday (May 10). As he was in Lynn Road, around 400 metres from Tinkers Drove he wa
A MAN was hit over the head and knocked to the ground as he walked home from a night out.
The 26-year-old left the Locomotive pub in Lynn Road, Wisbech, at around 2am on Saturday (May 10). As he was in Lynn Road, around 400 metres from Tinkers Drove he was hit on the back of the head and fell to the floor. He was then kicked several times by three attackers.
A woman later discovered him and helped him walk to Tinkers Drove before he collapsed and she called an ambulance.
The victim later discharged himself from hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
PC Andrew Minns, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who saw this man walking back from the pub in the early hours of the morning.
"Perhaps you can now recall seeing three men in the area? Please get in touch if you have any information."
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Minns at March Police Station on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.