WISBECH: Man hit over the head as he walked home from the Locomotive
A MAN was hit over the head and knocked to the ground as he walked home from a night out.The 26-year-old left the Locomotive pub in Lynn Road, Wisbech, at around 2am on Saturday (May 10). As he was in Lynn Road, around 400 metres from Tinkers Drove he wa
A MAN was hit over the head and knocked to the ground as he walked home from a night out.
The 26-year-old left the Locomotive pub in Lynn Road, Wisbech, at around 2am on Saturday (May 10). As he was in Lynn Road, around 400 metres from Tinkers Drove he was hit on the back of the head and fell to the floor. He was then kicked several times by three attackers.
A woman later discovered him and helped him walk to Tinkers Drove before he collapsed and she called an ambulance.
The victim later discharged himself from hospital with minor injuries.
PC Andrew Minns, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who saw this man walking back from the pub in the early hours of the morning.
"Perhaps you can now recall seeing three men in the area? Please get in touch if you have any information."
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Minns at March Police Station on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.