WISBECH: Make a date- and beeline- for the dawn chorus on Sunday in the park
A UNIQUE event to celebrate the joyful sound of the dawn chorus has been given the support of a key BBC presenter. Chris Packham, the new presenter of BBC2 Springwatch is backing the event which will be held this Sunday at the Wisbech Park. He said: The
A UNIQUE event to celebrate the joyful sound of the dawn chorus has been given the support of a key BBC presenter.
Chris Packham, the new presenter of BBC2 Springwatch is backing the event which will be held this Sunday at the Wisbech Park.
He said: "The Dawn Chorus is truly one of nature's great events and wherever you live there will be birds blasting out song.
"Linking a Dawn Chorus walk with the regeneration of a classic Victorian park is a nice idea and involving children in associated bird related projects in schools is to my mind a necessity.
You may also want to watch:
"I remember some of my earliest encounters with birds and wildlife as if they were only yesterday; they left that powerful an impression, so I recommend the experience to everyone.
"I wish I could be there with you! Have a great Dawn Chorus>.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
The event will start at 3.45am and a free breakfast bap is on offer to early morning visitors who have booked their snack on the website www.wisbech-town-park,com, thanks to butcher Richard Plater. The Wheatsheaf on Church Terraced is backing the initiative by offering half-priced breakfasts from 7am.
The Friends of Wisbech Park are organising the ground-breaking initiative and have involved local schools, by providing special project packs and rewards certificates for those taking part in the free event.
Everyone is welcome.