Wisbech Macmillan Fundraising Group thank local people for helping them to raise £33,714 in 2017
- Credit: Archant
The Macmillan fundraising group in Wisbech is thanking local people for helping them to raise £33,714 last year.
In 2017, Macmillan provided 57 people in the local area with grants totalling nearly £23,000.
The grants help with costs including heating, clothing and travel. People affected by cancer who are struggling with the costs should call the charity to see what help may be available, through the support line on 0808 808 0000.
Other services funded by Macmillan in the Wisbech area include weekly sessions with a GP.
The Macmillan Mobile Cancer Information and Support Service tours the UK throughout the year, offering free, confidential information and support.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to use the service: whether you have a cancer diagnosis, have a friend or relative affected by cancer, or are worried about cancer in any way.
The units are staffed by a team of Macmillan professionals and are happy to talk in confidence.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
The fundraising group has a number of events planned for 2018 including afternoon tea, a race night and collections.
For more information or to attend an event, contact Adele Wright on 07769 717557.