Wisbech Macmillan Cancer Support fundraising group looking for unwanted toys and people with spare time
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Macmillan Cancer Support fundraising group is calling on local people in Wisbech and the surrounding area with a little or a lot of time to spare.
The group is looking to hear from anyone who would be interested in helping the charity out on a regular or ad hoc basis.
The group raised £40,000 in 2015 to help people affected by cancer in Wisbech. However, they say “we need more people to help so that we can ensure no one in Wisbech faces cancer alone.”
Adele Wright, member of the Wisbech group said: “Macmillan is such a worthwhile cause so, if there is anyone out there who has a few hours to spare and would like to get involved, we would love to hear from you.
“Whether it’s a couple of hours a year or a week, it really doesn’t matter, we just need the extra help.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is also asking anyone looking to have a clear out of toys to get in touch. Unwanted toys including soft toys in a good condition as well as balls of wool and unwanted new gifts would be greatly appreciated say the group.
For more information contact Adele on 07769 717557 or Wendy on 01945 587277.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter