Wisbech Macmillan Cancer Support fundraising group looking for unwanted toys and people with spare time
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Macmillan Cancer Support fundraising group is calling on local people in Wisbech and the surrounding area with a little or a lot of time to spare.
The group is looking to hear from anyone who would be interested in helping the charity out on a regular or ad hoc basis.
The group raised £40,000 in 2015 to help people affected by cancer in Wisbech. However, they say “we need more people to help so that we can ensure no one in Wisbech faces cancer alone.”
Adele Wright, member of the Wisbech group said: “Macmillan is such a worthwhile cause so, if there is anyone out there who has a few hours to spare and would like to get involved, we would love to hear from you.
“Whether it’s a couple of hours a year or a week, it really doesn’t matter, we just need the extra help.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is also asking anyone looking to have a clear out of toys to get in touch. Unwanted toys including soft toys in a good condition as well as balls of wool and unwanted new gifts would be greatly appreciated say the group.
For more information contact Adele on 07769 717557 or Wendy on 01945 587277.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad