Crews turn out to tackle lorry blaze - just yards from town’s fire station
- Credit: Archant
A lorry caught fire in Wisbech today – just yards from the town’s fire station.
Fire crews were called out to extinguish the blaze that engulfed the cab of the lorry in Churchill Road.
The lorry is owned by a firm from Mansfield and was empty at the time of the fire,
Fen Cops tweeted: “Good morning we ask the public to avoid Churchill Road, Wisbech as fire and police are dealing with an incident on the road. Many thanks.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 9.01am on Tuesday (11) one crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to a fire on Churchill Road in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters arrived to find a lorry well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 10am.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family