Crews turn out to tackle lorry blaze - just yards from town’s fire station
- Credit: Archant
A lorry caught fire in Wisbech today – just yards from the town’s fire station.
Fire crews were called out to extinguish the blaze that engulfed the cab of the lorry in Churchill Road.
The lorry is owned by a firm from Mansfield and was empty at the time of the fire,
Fen Cops tweeted: “Good morning we ask the public to avoid Churchill Road, Wisbech as fire and police are dealing with an incident on the road. Many thanks.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 9.01am on Tuesday (11) one crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to a fire on Churchill Road in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters arrived to find a lorry well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 10am.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land