Crews turn out to tackle lorry blaze - just yards from town’s fire station
- Credit: Archant
A lorry caught fire in Wisbech today – just yards from the town’s fire station.
Fire crews were called out to extinguish the blaze that engulfed the cab of the lorry in Churchill Road.
The lorry is owned by a firm from Mansfield and was empty at the time of the fire,
Fen Cops tweeted: “Good morning we ask the public to avoid Churchill Road, Wisbech as fire and police are dealing with an incident on the road. Many thanks.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 9.01am on Tuesday (11) one crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to a fire on Churchill Road in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters arrived to find a lorry well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 10am.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 6 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council