WISBECH: Lithuanian lorry driver's vehicle marooned after he was caught drink driving
A LITHUANIAN lorry driver s vehicle has been marooned in Wisbech after he was caught drink driving. Renatas Zebraskas – who works for a foreign company – was banned from driving in the UK by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday after giving an alcohol reading a
A LITHUANIAN lorry driver's vehicle has been marooned in Wisbech after he was caught drink driving.
Renatas Zebraskas - who works for a foreign company - was banned from driving in the UK by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday after giving an alcohol reading almost double the legal limit.
"I have told him he cannot drive his lorry back to Lithuania, he had intended to drive it back," said solicitor David Chapple.
Zebraskas, 38, who gave the court his girlfriend's address in Milner Road, Wisbech, but normally lives in Lithuania, was breathalysed after police saw him fail to drive away from a green traffic light in the early hours of January 31.
You may also want to watch:
He was banned from driving in the UK for 18 months, and must pay �100 in fines and surcharge.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in