WISBECH: Lithuanian lorry driver's vehicle marooned after he was caught drink driving
A LITHUANIAN lorry driver s vehicle has been marooned in Wisbech after he was caught drink driving. Renatas Zebraskas – who works for a foreign company – was banned from driving in the UK by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday after giving an alcohol reading a
A LITHUANIAN lorry driver's vehicle has been marooned in Wisbech after he was caught drink driving.
Renatas Zebraskas - who works for a foreign company - was banned from driving in the UK by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday after giving an alcohol reading almost double the legal limit.
"I have told him he cannot drive his lorry back to Lithuania, he had intended to drive it back," said solicitor David Chapple.
Zebraskas, 38, who gave the court his girlfriend's address in Milner Road, Wisbech, but normally lives in Lithuania, was breathalysed after police saw him fail to drive away from a green traffic light in the early hours of January 31.
You may also want to watch:
He was banned from driving in the UK for 18 months, and must pay �100 in fines and surcharge.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 6 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 7 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages