WISBECH: Lithuanian lorry driver's vehicle marooned after he was caught drink driving
A LITHUANIAN lorry driver s vehicle has been marooned in Wisbech after he was caught drink driving. Renatas Zebraskas – who works for a foreign company – was banned from driving in the UK by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday after giving an alcohol reading a
A LITHUANIAN lorry driver's vehicle has been marooned in Wisbech after he was caught drink driving.
Renatas Zebraskas - who works for a foreign company - was banned from driving in the UK by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday after giving an alcohol reading almost double the legal limit.
"I have told him he cannot drive his lorry back to Lithuania, he had intended to drive it back," said solicitor David Chapple.
Zebraskas, 38, who gave the court his girlfriend's address in Milner Road, Wisbech, but normally lives in Lithuania, was breathalysed after police saw him fail to drive away from a green traffic light in the early hours of January 31.
You may also want to watch:
He was banned from driving in the UK for 18 months, and must pay �100 in fines and surcharge.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months