Wisbech Lions donate £100 to help cadets’ trailer fund
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Lions donated a cheque for £100 to members of Wisbech Girls Venture Corps Air Cadets (GVCAC) to help them buy a new trailer.
Jess Oliver of the GVCAC, said: “We recently raised enough money to buy a new gazebo to help with recruitment and fundraising, as well as to use at community events like Armed Forces Day.
“However we found that we needed a trailer to aid transportation of the gazebo and are now fundraising for that.
“Thanks to the lions for their kind donation and support, we are closer to being able to purchasing one and will be putting recognition for the lions on it.
“We are looking for further support or any ideas of how to raise the money.
You may also want to watch:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07876 593973. The group meets every Wednesday night from 7-9pm at the cadet centre on Sandyland Street.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter