Wisbech Lions donate £100 to help cadets’ trailer fund
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Lions donated a cheque for £100 to members of Wisbech Girls Venture Corps Air Cadets (GVCAC) to help them buy a new trailer.
Jess Oliver of the GVCAC, said: “We recently raised enough money to buy a new gazebo to help with recruitment and fundraising, as well as to use at community events like Armed Forces Day.
“However we found that we needed a trailer to aid transportation of the gazebo and are now fundraising for that.
“Thanks to the lions for their kind donation and support, we are closer to being able to purchasing one and will be putting recognition for the lions on it.
“We are looking for further support or any ideas of how to raise the money.
You may also want to watch:
For more information email email@example.com or call 07876 593973. The group meets every Wednesday night from 7-9pm at the cadet centre on Sandyland Street.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?