Wisbech Lions come to the aid of burgled school with gift of garden tools
WISBECH Lions has come to the aid of a local school where garden tools had been stolen and fences damaged.
“We heard of their plight and stepped into help,” said Lions president Avis Gilliatt.
At a school assembly at Leverington Primary Academy, Mrs Gilliatt handed over new tools and gardening equipment to headmistress Rosie Simmonds and all the pupils.
After the Assembly the Lions were shown the new gardening area and many pupils joined in.
Lions Club mascot Les the Lion was mobbed by eager children all keen to shake his hand.
You may also want to watch:
“He was by far the star attraction,” said Mrs Gilliatt.
Pictured is Les with some of the schoolchildren and also pupils with the new gardening tools. Also pictured Lion President Avis Gilliatt, Welfare Chairman Lion Charles Martin and Lion Maureen Smart who worked on this project.
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'