Wisbech Lions celebrate 43 years of club’s charter
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 Lions from clubs in Beccles, King’s Lynn, Littleport, March and Peterborough, along with Wisbech Lions, their partners and friends, celebrated 43 years of the clubs charter.
An excellent meal and entertainment was enjoyed by all.
Guests of honour included 105ea district governor Lion Chris Crick and his wife Lion Evelyn Crick, Wisbech Mayor Councillor David Hodgson and his wife, Mayoress Judy Hodgson.
Due to family commitments, Bill Batrick, Wisbech Lions president, was unable to attend but left a report on the clubs activities both social and charitable.
He also thanked the residents of Wisbech and the surrounding villages for their support throughout the years.
You may also want to watch:
His shoes were adequately filled by vice-president Lion Charles Martin who spoke about the clubs past.
Mayor of Wisbech David Hodgson thanked the lions on behalf of the guests. The evening was organised by the club’s special events committee with help from Lynda Kiff.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan