Wisbech Lions celebrate 43 years of club’s charter
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 Lions from clubs in Beccles, King’s Lynn, Littleport, March and Peterborough, along with Wisbech Lions, their partners and friends, celebrated 43 years of the clubs charter.
An excellent meal and entertainment was enjoyed by all.
Guests of honour included 105ea district governor Lion Chris Crick and his wife Lion Evelyn Crick, Wisbech Mayor Councillor David Hodgson and his wife, Mayoress Judy Hodgson.
Due to family commitments, Bill Batrick, Wisbech Lions president, was unable to attend but left a report on the clubs activities both social and charitable.
He also thanked the residents of Wisbech and the surrounding villages for their support throughout the years.
His shoes were adequately filled by vice-president Lion Charles Martin who spoke about the clubs past.
Mayor of Wisbech David Hodgson thanked the lions on behalf of the guests. The evening was organised by the club’s special events committee with help from Lynda Kiff.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home