Wisbech Lions celebrate 43 years of club’s charter
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 Lions from clubs in Beccles, King’s Lynn, Littleport, March and Peterborough, along with Wisbech Lions, their partners and friends, celebrated 43 years of the clubs charter.
An excellent meal and entertainment was enjoyed by all.
Guests of honour included 105ea district governor Lion Chris Crick and his wife Lion Evelyn Crick, Wisbech Mayor Councillor David Hodgson and his wife, Mayoress Judy Hodgson.
Due to family commitments, Bill Batrick, Wisbech Lions president, was unable to attend but left a report on the clubs activities both social and charitable.
He also thanked the residents of Wisbech and the surrounding villages for their support throughout the years.
You may also want to watch:
His shoes were adequately filled by vice-president Lion Charles Martin who spoke about the clubs past.
Mayor of Wisbech David Hodgson thanked the lions on behalf of the guests. The evening was organised by the club’s special events committee with help from Lynda Kiff.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time