Wisbech Lions celebrate 43 years of club’s charter
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 Lions from clubs in Beccles, King’s Lynn, Littleport, March and Peterborough, along with Wisbech Lions, their partners and friends, celebrated 43 years of the clubs charter.
An excellent meal and entertainment was enjoyed by all.
Guests of honour included 105ea district governor Lion Chris Crick and his wife Lion Evelyn Crick, Wisbech Mayor Councillor David Hodgson and his wife, Mayoress Judy Hodgson.
Due to family commitments, Bill Batrick, Wisbech Lions president, was unable to attend but left a report on the clubs activities both social and charitable.
He also thanked the residents of Wisbech and the surrounding villages for their support throughout the years.
You may also want to watch:
His shoes were adequately filled by vice-president Lion Charles Martin who spoke about the clubs past.
Mayor of Wisbech David Hodgson thanked the lions on behalf of the guests. The evening was organised by the club’s special events committee with help from Lynda Kiff.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart