Wisbech Light Cinema to host screening of Wonder in aid of East Anglian Air Ambulance Cambridgeshire charity
- Credit: Archant
For this year’s World Kindness Day, The Light Cinema in Wisbech has teamed up with the East Anglian Air Ambulance Cambridgeshire to host a charity preview screening of Wonder.
See the film two weeks in advance of the main release whilst raising money for the charity when the screening takes place on Monday November 13 at 8pm.
Kinga Grodecka, marketing coordinator at The Light Cinema Wisbech, said: “We are thankful for the opportunity to host this exclusive screening.
“We have been supporting the East Anglian Air Ambulance since 2014 and I believe that all the money raised so far has made an impact in saving lives.
“The World Kindness Day screening is a great occasion to celebrate together and raise money for a great cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Places for the screening are limited and tickets must be reserved in advance.
There is a suggested donation of £5: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01733 367209 to reserve.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 10 Illegal anglers spotted across Cambs during close season clampdown
Based on the New York Times bestseller by R J Palacio, Wonder tells the inspiring and heart-warming story of August Pullman. Born with facial differences that, up until now, have prevented him from going to a mainstream school, Auggie becomes the most unlikely of heroes when he enters the local fifth grade. As his family, his new classmates, and the larger community all struggle to find their compassion and acceptance, Auggie’s extraordinary journey will unite them all and prove you can’t blend in when you were born to stand out. Stars Jacob Tremblay, Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson.