WISBECH: Letters and parcels missing after thief roars off on a postie's bike
CHRISTMAS letters and parcels are missing after a thief stole a Royal Mail cycle mid way through a postman s delivery. The cycle was later found abandoned but police confirmed today the letters and parcels remained undiscovered. A police spokesman said th
CHRISTMAS letters and parcels are missing after a thief stole a Royal Mail cycle mid way through a postman's delivery.
The cycle was later found abandoned but police confirmed today the letters and parcels remained undiscovered.
A police spokesman said the theft happened at around 12.20pm last Wednesday when the postman left his cycle to deliver to a property in West Street, Wisbech.
"As he went back to his cycle a passer by went up to him and said he had just seen another man cycle off on his bike," said the spokesman. No description has been issued of the offender but police believe he may have been in his late teens.
You may also want to watch:
The cycle was later found abandoned in Awdry Drive, Wisbech, but so far there has been so sign of the missing letters or parcels.
A Royal Mail spokesman promised an update on the incident later today.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son