WISBECH: Letters and parcels missing after thief roars off on a postie's bike
CHRISTMAS letters and parcels are missing after a thief stole a Royal Mail cycle mid way through a postman s delivery. The cycle was later found abandoned but police confirmed today the letters and parcels remained undiscovered. A police spokesman said th
CHRISTMAS letters and parcels are missing after a thief stole a Royal Mail cycle mid way through a postman's delivery.
The cycle was later found abandoned but police confirmed today the letters and parcels remained undiscovered.
A police spokesman said the theft happened at around 12.20pm last Wednesday when the postman left his cycle to deliver to a property in West Street, Wisbech.
"As he went back to his cycle a passer by went up to him and said he had just seen another man cycle off on his bike," said the spokesman. No description has been issued of the offender but police believe he may have been in his late teens.
You may also want to watch:
The cycle was later found abandoned in Awdry Drive, Wisbech, but so far there has been so sign of the missing letters or parcels.
A Royal Mail spokesman promised an update on the incident later today.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation