WISBECH: Kentucky Fried Chicken set to open new drive through restaurant
DRIVE through chicken is to join drive through burgers in a battle for fast food in Wisbech. Fenland District Council has approved a bid by Kentucky Fried Chicken to open a drive through fast food restaurant near Tops Tiles in Cromwell Road and down the r
DRIVE through chicken is to join drive through burgers in a battle for fast food in Wisbech.
Fenland District Council has approved a bid by Kentucky Fried Chicken to open a drive through fast food restaurant near Tops Tiles in Cromwell Road and down the road from McDonald's.
The company has been told it can open from 6.30am to midnight and has been told it must provide CCTV details to ensure adequate safety and security on the site.
Officials will also monitor a new access and KFC must also provide a new footpath along the entire site fronting Cromwell Road.
You may also want to watch:
KFC says their new store will provide 14 full time and 20 part time jobs in the building previously used by John Gross Ford garage.
But KFC says their new store will operate alongside an existing KFC outlet in the town centre.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
"KFC have identified this area of Wisbech as a separate market and has projected that the two restaurants would operate successfully without adverse effect on either facility," the company told planners.