WISBECH: Kentucky Fried Chicken set to open new drive through restaurant
DRIVE through chicken is to join drive through burgers in a battle for fast food in Wisbech. Fenland District Council has approved a bid by Kentucky Fried Chicken to open a drive through fast food restaurant near Tops Tiles in Cromwell Road and down the r
DRIVE through chicken is to join drive through burgers in a battle for fast food in Wisbech.
Fenland District Council has approved a bid by Kentucky Fried Chicken to open a drive through fast food restaurant near Tops Tiles in Cromwell Road and down the road from McDonald's.
The company has been told it can open from 6.30am to midnight and has been told it must provide CCTV details to ensure adequate safety and security on the site.
Officials will also monitor a new access and KFC must also provide a new footpath along the entire site fronting Cromwell Road.
You may also want to watch:
KFC says their new store will provide 14 full time and 20 part time jobs in the building previously used by John Gross Ford garage.
But KFC says their new store will operate alongside an existing KFC outlet in the town centre.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
"KFC have identified this area of Wisbech as a separate market and has projected that the two restaurants would operate successfully without adverse effect on either facility," the company told planners.