WISBECH: Kentucky Fried Chicken set to open new drive through restaurant
DRIVE through chicken is to join drive through burgers in a battle for fast food in Wisbech. Fenland District Council has approved a bid by Kentucky Fried Chicken to open a drive through fast food restaurant near Tops Tiles in Cromwell Road and down the r
DRIVE through chicken is to join drive through burgers in a battle for fast food in Wisbech.
Fenland District Council has approved a bid by Kentucky Fried Chicken to open a drive through fast food restaurant near Tops Tiles in Cromwell Road and down the road from McDonald's.
The company has been told it can open from 6.30am to midnight and has been told it must provide CCTV details to ensure adequate safety and security on the site.
Officials will also monitor a new access and KFC must also provide a new footpath along the entire site fronting Cromwell Road.
You may also want to watch:
KFC says their new store will provide 14 full time and 20 part time jobs in the building previously used by John Gross Ford garage.
But KFC says their new store will operate alongside an existing KFC outlet in the town centre.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 5 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 9 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
"KFC have identified this area of Wisbech as a separate market and has projected that the two restaurants would operate successfully without adverse effect on either facility," the company told planners.