WISBECH: Keen photographers invited to enter snaps into Photography Festival exhibition
ARE you a keen photographer? If so, a new exhibition is just for you. An exhibition, launched as part of the Wisbech Photography Festival, gives photography enthusiasts the opportunity to have their work form part of a historic collection to be held at Oc
ARE you a keen photographer? If so, a new exhibition is just for you.
An exhibition, launched as part of the Wisbech Photography Festival, gives photography enthusiasts the opportunity to have their work form part of a historic collection to be held at Octavia Hill Birthplace House.
The Snapshot 2009 exhibition offers photographers the chance to show what life is like for them in Wisbech and the surrounding areas.
Family life, rural life, architectural detail, shopping, landscapes, where you live, work, play or go to school... whatever you think makes a great picture.
You may also want to watch:
All work chosen will be prominently displayed from May 23 to June 16 in the window of the new Kodak One Stop Photo Shop at the Horsefair, Wisbech.
The winning picture will be chosen by the team at Kodak One Stop Shop. The winner will receive their photograph enlarged to A4 and professionally framed, a year's membership of Total Image Nation, the online network for photographers, and the chance to exhibit at Atelier East's annual Summer Exhibition.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
Pictures should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or taken to the Wisbech Tourist Information Centre or the Kodak One Stop Photo Shop opposite Somerfield in the Horsefair, Wisbech.
Pictures must be printed to 6x4 inches and unframed. The deadline for entries is noon on May 20. Entrants should include their name, address, telephone number and title of the picture. Under-18s will need parental permission. The Pictures are not returnable.
The Wisbech Photographic Festival is organised by Atelier East and Octavia Hill Birthplace House and funded by Roddons Housing Association.
The Festival is supported by Fenland District Council, Wisbech Tourism Development Group, WisARD and Total Image Nation.
There will be lots of photographic activities going on from May 22-25 in and around Wisbech, including exhibitions, workshops and community events. More information is available at www.atelier-east.co.uk.