WISBECH: Keen photographers invited to enter snaps into Photography Festival exhibition
ARE you a keen photographer? If so, a new exhibition is just for you. An exhibition, launched as part of the Wisbech Photography Festival, gives photography enthusiasts the opportunity to have their work form part of a historic collection to be held at Oc
ARE you a keen photographer? If so, a new exhibition is just for you.
An exhibition, launched as part of the Wisbech Photography Festival, gives photography enthusiasts the opportunity to have their work form part of a historic collection to be held at Octavia Hill Birthplace House.
The Snapshot 2009 exhibition offers photographers the chance to show what life is like for them in Wisbech and the surrounding areas.
Family life, rural life, architectural detail, shopping, landscapes, where you live, work, play or go to school... whatever you think makes a great picture.
You may also want to watch:
All work chosen will be prominently displayed from May 23 to June 16 in the window of the new Kodak One Stop Photo Shop at the Horsefair, Wisbech.
The winning picture will be chosen by the team at Kodak One Stop Shop. The winner will receive their photograph enlarged to A4 and professionally framed, a year's membership of Total Image Nation, the online network for photographers, and the chance to exhibit at Atelier East's annual Summer Exhibition.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
Pictures should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or taken to the Wisbech Tourist Information Centre or the Kodak One Stop Photo Shop opposite Somerfield in the Horsefair, Wisbech.
Pictures must be printed to 6x4 inches and unframed. The deadline for entries is noon on May 20. Entrants should include their name, address, telephone number and title of the picture. Under-18s will need parental permission. The Pictures are not returnable.
The Wisbech Photographic Festival is organised by Atelier East and Octavia Hill Birthplace House and funded by Roddons Housing Association.
The Festival is supported by Fenland District Council, Wisbech Tourism Development Group, WisARD and Total Image Nation.
There will be lots of photographic activities going on from May 22-25 in and around Wisbech, including exhibitions, workshops and community events. More information is available at www.atelier-east.co.uk.