WISBECH: Keen photographers invited to enter snaps into Photography Festival exhibition
ARE you a keen photographer? If so, a new exhibition is just for you. An exhibition, launched as part of the Wisbech Photography Festival, gives photography enthusiasts the opportunity to have their work form part of a historic collection to be held at Oc
ARE you a keen photographer? If so, a new exhibition is just for you.
An exhibition, launched as part of the Wisbech Photography Festival, gives photography enthusiasts the opportunity to have their work form part of a historic collection to be held at Octavia Hill Birthplace House.
The Snapshot 2009 exhibition offers photographers the chance to show what life is like for them in Wisbech and the surrounding areas.
Family life, rural life, architectural detail, shopping, landscapes, where you live, work, play or go to school... whatever you think makes a great picture.
All work chosen will be prominently displayed from May 23 to June 16 in the window of the new Kodak One Stop Photo Shop at the Horsefair, Wisbech.
The winning picture will be chosen by the team at Kodak One Stop Shop. The winner will receive their photograph enlarged to A4 and professionally framed, a year's membership of Total Image Nation, the online network for photographers, and the chance to exhibit at Atelier East's annual Summer Exhibition.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 6 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 7 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 8 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 10 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
Pictures should be emailed to email@example.com or taken to the Wisbech Tourist Information Centre or the Kodak One Stop Photo Shop opposite Somerfield in the Horsefair, Wisbech.
Pictures must be printed to 6x4 inches and unframed. The deadline for entries is noon on May 20. Entrants should include their name, address, telephone number and title of the picture. Under-18s will need parental permission. The Pictures are not returnable.
The Wisbech Photographic Festival is organised by Atelier East and Octavia Hill Birthplace House and funded by Roddons Housing Association.
The Festival is supported by Fenland District Council, Wisbech Tourism Development Group, WisARD and Total Image Nation.
There will be lots of photographic activities going on from May 22-25 in and around Wisbech, including exhibitions, workshops and community events. More information is available at www.atelier-east.co.uk.