Wisbech kebab house worker admits assault by spitting at 15-year-old customer
A TRIP to buy chips at a Wisbech kebab house ended with a 15-year-old schoolboy being spat at by a member of staff. The teenager – who cannot be named for legal reasons – was also manhandled out of the Istanbul Kebab House after the leg of one of his frie
A TRIP to buy chips at a Wisbech kebab house ended with a 15-year-old schoolboy being spat at by a member of staff.
The teenager - who cannot be named for legal reasons - was also manhandled out of the Istanbul Kebab House after the leg of one of his friends made contact with a glass counter in the Blackfriars premises.
At Wisbech courthouse on Tuesday, kebab house worker Mehmet Gilgil admitted assaulting the boy - but did not agree with the teenager's version of events.
Prosecutor Scheherazade Haque said a friend of the victim had started messing about in the kebab house, and a child's leg had hit the food counter.
You may also want to watch:
"Gilgil grabbed hold of the victim, who had been watching what was going on, and he was pushed out of the door, and into the street," said Miss Haque.
"The boy accepts he spat at the defendant, and then pulled away and ran up the street." Gilgil followed him and spat in the boy's face, she said.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Gilgil returned to the shop, but went back outside: "He grabbed the boy by the neck and tried to bash his head against a car window," she added.
But solicitor John Clarke said Gilgil only admitted grabbing the boy and throwing him out of the kebab house, and spitting at the youngster in retaliation.
"All the rest he denies," said Mr Clarke.
Sentencing was adjourned until March 30, for magistrates to hear evidence from witnesses.