Wisbech in Bloom competition winners
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech in Bloom held their annual garden competition awards at Wisbech Institute.
The evening also included the town council’s allotment awards, the chamber of commerce business awards and Elgoods best pub front award.
Winners of the best In town gardens sponsored by Tesco were Sheila Hamilton, Denvers and Mr D Bailey.
The best out of town gardens were sponsored by Clifford Cross Auctions and were won by David Chapman of Emneth and Tony Childs and Tracey Goody from Leverington.
The cottage/wildlife garden category was sponsored by Fenland Branch of the Society of St George and was won by Marion Sarton of Upwell who also won the award for the best container garden which is sponsored by Doreen Eden.
The best hanging basket category was won by David Chapman of Emneth.
The silver spade for the best overall entry was awarded to Tony Childs and Tracey Goody.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 5 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 7 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
Elgoods Best pub front was awarded to The Rising Sun at Leverington.
The Wisbech Chamber of Commerce awards went to The Globe pub on Wisbech Market place and Mr and Mrs Harper of The Crescent.
Wisbech Society trophy was awarded to Richard Smith and family for their contribution to Wisbech in Bloom and Wisbech town cup went to Peter Ward Nurseries of Leverington Common.
Finally the Octavia Hill Society award for brightening up a drab corner was given to St Raphael Club in Love Lane.