Wisbech in Bloom competition winners
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech in Bloom held their annual garden competition awards at Wisbech Institute.
The evening also included the town council’s allotment awards, the chamber of commerce business awards and Elgoods best pub front award.
Winners of the best In town gardens sponsored by Tesco were Sheila Hamilton, Denvers and Mr D Bailey.
The best out of town gardens were sponsored by Clifford Cross Auctions and were won by David Chapman of Emneth and Tony Childs and Tracey Goody from Leverington.
The cottage/wildlife garden category was sponsored by Fenland Branch of the Society of St George and was won by Marion Sarton of Upwell who also won the award for the best container garden which is sponsored by Doreen Eden.
You may also want to watch:
The best hanging basket category was won by David Chapman of Emneth.
The silver spade for the best overall entry was awarded to Tony Childs and Tracey Goody.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
Elgoods Best pub front was awarded to The Rising Sun at Leverington.
The Wisbech Chamber of Commerce awards went to The Globe pub on Wisbech Market place and Mr and Mrs Harper of The Crescent.
Wisbech Society trophy was awarded to Richard Smith and family for their contribution to Wisbech in Bloom and Wisbech town cup went to Peter Ward Nurseries of Leverington Common.
Finally the Octavia Hill Society award for brightening up a drab corner was given to St Raphael Club in Love Lane.