North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech, opens first phase of its £8m redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
First phase of an £8 million redevelopment of the North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech, is complete and that includes a newly refurbished physiotherapy centre and gym.
The NHS trust that runs the hospital says the physio centre is now within the two ‘arms’ of the formerly vacant Rowan Lodge
Among the improvements for staff, patients and visitors are:
• Private clinic rooms to provide privacy and dignity
• A spacious, well-equipped gym for classes, one-to-one rehabilitation and self-directed gym sessions
You may also want to watch:
Increased class capacity
• A new disability-friendly reception with self check-in
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
• The latest technology to enable patients to view their x-rays/scans
• Meeting areas for patient education sessions
• A media screen in the waiting area with patient information
• Water coolers
• Accessible toilets
MP Steve Barclay said: “It is a very welcome development to see the new physio services at North Cambs Hospital as part of the first phase of this £8million improvement.
“It is important that we continue to increase the number of services offered to treat people locally at North Cambs, Doddington and Ely rather than requiring journeys to large hospitals.”
Raj Thirunageswaram, physiotherapist and operational team lead for Peterborough and Wisbech, said: “I’m delighted with the development of these new DynamicHealth facilities at Rowan Lodge for our growing musculoskeletal service. “This will enable us to continue providing a high level of MSK physiotherapy and specialist care to the patients in the local Wisbech and surrounding areas.
“Our new facilities now also have a spacious gym and therefore we can offer more classes and manage our patients more effectively. I feel very excited for the team as they have these new premises and more modern infrastructure which gives them a better environment to work in.”
Fiona Bennett, team lead physio, said: “We’re thrilled to be moving into such a light, modern space after trying to make the most of our current space for so long. Our new home will allow us to continue to provide excellent care to our patients and have the space to develop our service in the future,