Spread Christmas cheer whilst shopping at Wisbech Horsefair Shopping Centre thanks to Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Shoebox appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech is encouraging people to help spread Christmas cheer whilst shopping this festive period.
As part of Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child, Horsefair shoppers can create a gift box for children who may not usually receive a Christmas gift.
Shoppers are encouraged to fill a festively decorated shoebox with donations and drop it off at the Oasis book shop on Norfolk Street, or at the Horsefair’s information point on the bus station.
There are three age groups that people can fill boxes for – two to four; five to nine; or 10 to 14. Suggested items could include teddy bears, balls, jigsaws, colouring books or pens, a toothbrush or a comb.
Other items can include scarves, hats or sunglasses. Chocolate, food and homemade toys should not be included. Along with the boxes, a donation of £5 payable by cash or cheque is requested to help cover the cost of distribution.
You may also want to watch:
Shoeboxes can be dropped off from November 1 to 18. Leaflets with gift ideas, as well as a donation envelope and age group stickers, are available from the drop off points.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family