Spread Christmas cheer whilst shopping at Wisbech Horsefair Shopping Centre thanks to Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Shoebox appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech is encouraging people to help spread Christmas cheer whilst shopping this festive period.
As part of Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child, Horsefair shoppers can create a gift box for children who may not usually receive a Christmas gift.
Shoppers are encouraged to fill a festively decorated shoebox with donations and drop it off at the Oasis book shop on Norfolk Street, or at the Horsefair’s information point on the bus station.
There are three age groups that people can fill boxes for – two to four; five to nine; or 10 to 14. Suggested items could include teddy bears, balls, jigsaws, colouring books or pens, a toothbrush or a comb.
Other items can include scarves, hats or sunglasses. Chocolate, food and homemade toys should not be included. Along with the boxes, a donation of £5 payable by cash or cheque is requested to help cover the cost of distribution.
You may also want to watch:
Shoeboxes can be dropped off from November 1 to 18. Leaflets with gift ideas, as well as a donation envelope and age group stickers, are available from the drop off points.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered