Spread Christmas cheer whilst shopping at Wisbech Horsefair Shopping Centre thanks to Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Shoebox appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech is encouraging people to help spread Christmas cheer whilst shopping this festive period.
As part of Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child, Horsefair shoppers can create a gift box for children who may not usually receive a Christmas gift.
Shoppers are encouraged to fill a festively decorated shoebox with donations and drop it off at the Oasis book shop on Norfolk Street, or at the Horsefair’s information point on the bus station.
There are three age groups that people can fill boxes for – two to four; five to nine; or 10 to 14. Suggested items could include teddy bears, balls, jigsaws, colouring books or pens, a toothbrush or a comb.
Other items can include scarves, hats or sunglasses. Chocolate, food and homemade toys should not be included. Along with the boxes, a donation of £5 payable by cash or cheque is requested to help cover the cost of distribution.
You may also want to watch:
Shoeboxes can be dropped off from November 1 to 18. Leaflets with gift ideas, as well as a donation envelope and age group stickers, are available from the drop off points.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 3 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder