Hogwarts comes to Wisbech as owls take over Horsefair Shopping Centre thanks to Exotic Pet Refuge volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Owls took over the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech on Saturday as volunteers from the Exotic Pet Refuge of Deeping St James displayed three of its resident owls.
The display was part of a fundraiser to help boost donations to their charity.
Members of the public enjoyed seeing the owls and learning about them up close and personal!
Volunteer Michael Kerslake said: “We would love to get some local businesses on board to help sponsor the animals with anything from hard core gravel to animal feeds as the winter sets in.”
Exotic Pet Refuge is UK-based registered charity, home to over 250 unwanted, abandoned or neglected exotic animals and rescued British wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
Costing over £65,000 a year to run, the refuge is grateful for donations, food, delayed payments or work as a volunteer.
The refuge is open to the public on Sundays and in the run up to Christmas Santa Claus will be in his grotto to see the children so the refuge is hoping to see many small visitors.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 3 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 4 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 5 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 6 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 7 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
To contact the Exotic Pet Refuge email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.exoticpetrefuge.org.uk