Hogwarts comes to Wisbech as owls take over Horsefair Shopping Centre thanks to Exotic Pet Refuge volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Owls took over the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech on Saturday as volunteers from the Exotic Pet Refuge of Deeping St James displayed three of its resident owls.
The display was part of a fundraiser to help boost donations to their charity.
Members of the public enjoyed seeing the owls and learning about them up close and personal!
Volunteer Michael Kerslake said: “We would love to get some local businesses on board to help sponsor the animals with anything from hard core gravel to animal feeds as the winter sets in.”
Exotic Pet Refuge is UK-based registered charity, home to over 250 unwanted, abandoned or neglected exotic animals and rescued British wildlife.
Costing over £65,000 a year to run, the refuge is grateful for donations, food, delayed payments or work as a volunteer.
The refuge is open to the public on Sundays and in the run up to Christmas Santa Claus will be in his grotto to see the children so the refuge is hoping to see many small visitors.
- 1 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 2 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 3 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 4 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 5 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 8 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 9 Households urged to ‘be vigilant’ after many targeted by rogue traders
To contact the Exotic Pet Refuge email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.exoticpetrefuge.org.uk