Hogwarts comes to Wisbech as owls take over Horsefair Shopping Centre thanks to Exotic Pet Refuge volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Owls took over the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech on Saturday as volunteers from the Exotic Pet Refuge of Deeping St James displayed three of its resident owls.
The display was part of a fundraiser to help boost donations to their charity.
Members of the public enjoyed seeing the owls and learning about them up close and personal!
Volunteer Michael Kerslake said: “We would love to get some local businesses on board to help sponsor the animals with anything from hard core gravel to animal feeds as the winter sets in.”
Exotic Pet Refuge is UK-based registered charity, home to over 250 unwanted, abandoned or neglected exotic animals and rescued British wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
Costing over £65,000 a year to run, the refuge is grateful for donations, food, delayed payments or work as a volunteer.
The refuge is open to the public on Sundays and in the run up to Christmas Santa Claus will be in his grotto to see the children so the refuge is hoping to see many small visitors.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
To contact the Exotic Pet Refuge email email@example.com or visit www.exoticpetrefuge.org.uk