Wisbech Horsefair Centre manager picks up award after seeing off strong competition
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a Fenland shopping centre has seen off competition from his peers to win an award.
Horsefair manager Kevin Smith picked up the Workman Retail Darren Webb award, which covers more than 70 shopping centres.
Mr Smith is getting quite used to receiving plaudits - he was given a Certificate of Commendation for being a runner up in the Marketing Manager of the Year category at the national SCEPTRE awards last month.
He said: “I am delighted to have been presented this award. It came as such a surprise to me.
“It’s been an incredible few weeks at the Horsefair. To have such a run of success is fantastic, not just for me but also for the centre.
You may also want to watch:
“The Horsefair is small centre compared to some of the others that Workman look after so it’s brilliant to get such recognition”.
James Taylor, partner at Workman Retail, said: “Kevin always has a cool head and takes things in his stride. His achievements over the years have been vast and we’re very proud of the work that he does for Wisbech town centre.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured