Wisbech Horsefair Centre manager picks up award after seeing off strong competition
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a Fenland shopping centre has seen off competition from his peers to win an award.
Horsefair manager Kevin Smith picked up the Workman Retail Darren Webb award, which covers more than 70 shopping centres.
Mr Smith is getting quite used to receiving plaudits - he was given a Certificate of Commendation for being a runner up in the Marketing Manager of the Year category at the national SCEPTRE awards last month.
He said: “I am delighted to have been presented this award. It came as such a surprise to me.
“It’s been an incredible few weeks at the Horsefair. To have such a run of success is fantastic, not just for me but also for the centre.
You may also want to watch:
“The Horsefair is small centre compared to some of the others that Workman look after so it’s brilliant to get such recognition”.
James Taylor, partner at Workman Retail, said: “Kevin always has a cool head and takes things in his stride. His achievements over the years have been vast and we’re very proud of the work that he does for Wisbech town centre.”
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 9 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs