Wisbech Horsefair Centre manager picks up award after seeing off strong competition
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a Fenland shopping centre has seen off competition from his peers to win an award.
Horsefair manager Kevin Smith picked up the Workman Retail Darren Webb award, which covers more than 70 shopping centres.
Mr Smith is getting quite used to receiving plaudits - he was given a Certificate of Commendation for being a runner up in the Marketing Manager of the Year category at the national SCEPTRE awards last month.
He said: “I am delighted to have been presented this award. It came as such a surprise to me.
“It’s been an incredible few weeks at the Horsefair. To have such a run of success is fantastic, not just for me but also for the centre.
You may also want to watch:
“The Horsefair is small centre compared to some of the others that Workman look after so it’s brilliant to get such recognition”.
James Taylor, partner at Workman Retail, said: “Kevin always has a cool head and takes things in his stride. His achievements over the years have been vast and we’re very proud of the work that he does for Wisbech town centre.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease