WISBECH: Horrific pictures of robbery victim
DETECTIVES have today taken the unusual step of releasing photographs of a man who was injured in a horrific robbery in Wisbech on Friday night. Vladimire Filalejeus, 31, was attacked by two men with a blunt instrument while he was walking in the Eastfie
DETECTIVES have today taken the unusual step of releasing photographs of a man who was injured in a horrific robbery in Wisbech on Friday night.
Vladimire Filalejeus, 31, was attacked by two men with a blunt instrument while he was walking in the Eastfield Way area of Wisbech at around 9pm.
Mr Filalejeus suffered serious head injuries and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn. He remains there today and is in a "stable condition." The men stole his phone charger.
Just over an hour after the attack on Mr Filalejeus, a woman was also set-on by two men, when she was walking in Station Road.
You may also want to watch:
She was injured and did not need hospital treatment, but the men stole her rucksack
Detectives have released two pictures of the injuries caused to the man, in the hope that it will encourage anyone with information to come forward.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
Det Con Emily Clarke, said today: "It is vital that if anyone knows who is behind these robberies they contact police immediately.
"Whilst these types of incidents do not happen very often, additional police patrols will be taking place in the area.
"The location of where the 31-year-old man was attacked is an alleyway which is locally known as The Harbour Lines, rather than its official name of Eastfield Way.
"If you were in the area or if you know anything about this, please contact me, anonymously if you wish."
The attackers are described as white, around 5ft 8inches, medium build and between 18 and 20. They both spoke English.
Detectives believe the robberies may be connected to a robbery in Eastfield Way on Tuesday.
A 28-year-old-man was attacked by a man at around 10.30pm and had his dark blue Apollo ladies mountain bike stolen.
The man suffered serious head injuries and was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he was later discharged.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Clarke at Wisbech Police Station on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
*A 17-year-old boy from the Wisbech area has been arrested on suspicion of robbery in connection with the three incidents. He will be taken to a police station and interviewed today.