Wisbech Town Hockey Club pays tribute to former chairman and captain Graham Ward
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Hockey Club held a minute’s silence in memory of the club’s former chairman on Saturday.
Wisbech and Waltham Forest players were united in silence in tribute to Graham Ward, who died last week at the age of 81, before their East Leagues Premier B Division clash.
Graham was well known for his love of hockey and was the club’s second team captain during his playing days in the 1960s.
He later became chairman of the town’s hockey and rugby teams – helping the club secure an Astroturf pitch at Harecroft Road – before going on to coach at Wisbech Grammar School.
He also had spells as president of the Eastern Counties Hockey Association and chairman of Cambridgeshire Hockey.
You may also want to watch:
A club statement said: “Graham was a remarkable character who will have touched and affected many lives at Wisbech Town Hockey Club and will be sorely missed.”
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary