WISBECH: Historic vehicle club doles out the cash to charities following another successful year
CHEQES totalling hundreds of pounds were handed out during a presentation evening by the Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club at the Three Tuns Public House in Wisbech. The cheques were presented by Terry Stork from Elgoods Brewery on behalf of th
CHEQES totalling hundreds of pounds were handed out during a presentation evening by the Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club at the Three Tuns Public House in Wisbech.
The cheques were presented by Terry Stork from Elgoods Brewery on behalf of the Club. Donations of £100 each were made to Carolyn Dobson and Amanda Beautyman for Meadowgate School, Tina Kierman for the Alzheimer's Society, Leila Bosson and Darrin Parish for the St John Ambulance, Dan Keen for the Queen Mary Centre and Anthony Proctor for the McMillan Cancer Support.
Mary Dunn for the East Anglian Air Ambulance was presented with a cheque for £500.
All of the money was raised from the club's annual road run and raffle. Other cheques included £50 from the Classic Caravan Section, £236 from the sale of books and videos on behalf of the Estate of the late Derek Cullen, £165 from Peter Fewster's retirement raffle, and £150 from a Teddy Raffle by Theresa and Roger, the landlords of the Three Tuns . All were presented to the East Anglian Air Ambulance making a total of £1101 presented to them and a grand total of £1601 presented to the various charities on the night.
The presentation was followed by a buffet laid on by Theresa of the Three Tuns.
Fred Leach, secretary, said: "We would like to thank all the people from Wisbech and the surrounding area for supporting us by purchasing draw tickets and turning out to cheer the entrants on the annual road run.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
"This year there were record numbers of vehicles entered and we hope to have another success run on August 9, 2009".