Wisbech heritage fair is a success say organisers
- Credit: Archant
The first Wisbech Heritage Fair was hailed a resounding success by organisers.
The new activity was commissioned by the Town Council to add an additional attraction to the range of heritage open days around the town.
Around 1000 people visited a range of crafts and curiosity stalls arranged by new local company Markets and Events.
More than 30 stalls filled the Market Place offering a variety of family and children’s entertainment, foods and a wide range of crafts and jewellery.
A static display by Norfolk Owls was well supported as was a forty foot long children’s inflatable assault course.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Chapman, of Markets and Events, said: “Events such as this add value to the town centre, bringing vitality and interest attracting many more visitors to the town centre and supporting local businesses.
“The Town Council will shortly evaluate the impact of this new event and consider a range of future activities promoting Wisbech Market Place and the town centre,” he said and asked residents to let the Town Council know what activities they would like to see in Wisbech in the future.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch