Wisbech heritage fair is a success say organisers
- Credit: Archant
The first Wisbech Heritage Fair was hailed a resounding success by organisers.
The new activity was commissioned by the Town Council to add an additional attraction to the range of heritage open days around the town.
Around 1000 people visited a range of crafts and curiosity stalls arranged by new local company Markets and Events.
More than 30 stalls filled the Market Place offering a variety of family and children’s entertainment, foods and a wide range of crafts and jewellery.
A static display by Norfolk Owls was well supported as was a forty foot long children’s inflatable assault course.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Chapman, of Markets and Events, said: “Events such as this add value to the town centre, bringing vitality and interest attracting many more visitors to the town centre and supporting local businesses.
“The Town Council will shortly evaluate the impact of this new event and consider a range of future activities promoting Wisbech Market Place and the town centre,” he said and asked residents to let the Town Council know what activities they would like to see in Wisbech in the future.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter