Wisbech Help for Heroes collection raises more than £1,100
- Credit: Archant
Fenland’s shoppers dug deep into their pockets to raise £1,130 for Help for Heroes.
A collection was held outside the Tesco store in Cromwell Road, Wisbech, in aid of the armed forces charity on September 14-15.
It was organised by IT consultant Peter Bryant, of Elm, who has fundraised tirelessly for the cause - raising £9,000 for Help for Heroes in the past 18 months.
He was helped at the collection by two Fenland volunteers Mike Spear and Richard Mason.
He said: “I should like to thank the generous shoppers at Tesco last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the course of the two days we collected over £1,130 for the ‘blokes’ and we are really pleased that so many stopped to contribute and chat.
“I’ve spoken to the people at Help for Heroes and they were impressed at the amount raised.”
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
This was the second collection Mr Bryant has organised this summer - a fundraising drive outside Asda in Cromwell Road, Wisbech, raised £1,200.
Mr Bryant took part in the six-day Paris to London Big Battlefield Bike Ride which finished on Horse Guards Parade on June 2.
He as entered himself into the ballot for next summer’s ride, which will start in Brussels and finish in Paris.
He said: “I’ve completed the Big Battlefield Bike Ride for the past two years so it would be good to make it three in a row.
“And it might finally make me a better cyclist!”