Elgood’s brewery preparing for three day beer festival - and there’s great and local musical talent to entertain the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Elgood’s is preparing for a three day beer festival in Wisbech next – back they say by popular demand.
It opens on Thursday September 20 and last for three days – opening at 5pm on Thursday.
A brewery spokesman said: “Before last year’s festival had even finished, visitors were asking for dates for the next one. Well, we could hardly let our public down, so here we go again.”
The spokesman said: “With over 150 beers to try, including many of our own award-winning brands, as well as craft ciders, there is bound to be something to appeal to even the most discerning aficionado. Wine and soft drinks are also available.”
Musical entertainment embraces a line-up local talent, with “TOADFISH BONE” on Thursday night, Ska band “THE CHERRY REDS” on Friday and the renowned Rock/Punk band “BEWILDERED” performing on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday afternoon “RUSTY RELICS” folk band will be playing.
Doors will be open from 5 pm to 10.30 pm on Thursday and Friday and from noon until 10.30 pm on Saturday. Food will be available throughout the 3 days.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
On Saturday afternoon, the brewery gardens will be open for our guests to explore
The festival, which follows immediately on from the SIBA East Beer Competition, is run on a “not for profit” basis, with all the money raised, after deduction of costs, donated to local charities.
Tickets are available to book now or on the door - £4 per person. For further information please contact us on 01945 583160 or visit our web site www.elgoods-brewery.co.uk