Elgood’s brewery preparing for three day beer festival - and there’s great and local musical talent to entertain the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Elgood’s is preparing for a three day beer festival in Wisbech next – back they say by popular demand.
It opens on Thursday September 20 and last for three days – opening at 5pm on Thursday.
A brewery spokesman said: “Before last year’s festival had even finished, visitors were asking for dates for the next one. Well, we could hardly let our public down, so here we go again.”
The spokesman said: “With over 150 beers to try, including many of our own award-winning brands, as well as craft ciders, there is bound to be something to appeal to even the most discerning aficionado. Wine and soft drinks are also available.”
Musical entertainment embraces a line-up local talent, with “TOADFISH BONE” on Thursday night, Ska band “THE CHERRY REDS” on Friday and the renowned Rock/Punk band “BEWILDERED” performing on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday afternoon “RUSTY RELICS” folk band will be playing.
Doors will be open from 5 pm to 10.30 pm on Thursday and Friday and from noon until 10.30 pm on Saturday. Food will be available throughout the 3 days.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
On Saturday afternoon, the brewery gardens will be open for our guests to explore
The festival, which follows immediately on from the SIBA East Beer Competition, is run on a “not for profit” basis, with all the money raised, after deduction of costs, donated to local charities.
Tickets are available to book now or on the door - £4 per person. For further information please contact us on 01945 583160 or visit our web site www.elgoods-brewery.co.uk