Wisbech hair salon raises £2,300 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
A hair salon that takes part in an annual fund raising campaign for cancer support has revealed this year’s efforts raised £2,321.
VIP Hair in Walsoken, Wisbech hosted its annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in September on behalf of MacMillan Cancer Support to raise this impressive sum.
The coffee morning was held outside of the salon as the stylists were working throughout the day.
Unfortunately the weather was not on their side, but a few showers did not stop supporters, and with help from volunteering salon clients and friends, the morning was a great success.
Salon owner Linda Pepper said: “Our first coffee morning was so tiny and I had my apprentice making rice crispy cakes on the day in the kitchen as we were running out of cakes.”
You may also want to watch:
“We have probably raised over £18,000 in the last 13 years looking at our records.
“We have to thank so many people for donating wonderful cakes, preserves, flowers and raffle prizes.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
“We have held the coffee morning every year since we opened in 2005 and our thanks go to our local community which continues to give us wonderful support.”