Wisbech hair salon raises £2,300 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
A hair salon that takes part in an annual fund raising campaign for cancer support has revealed this year’s efforts raised £2,321.
VIP Hair in Walsoken, Wisbech hosted its annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in September on behalf of MacMillan Cancer Support to raise this impressive sum.
The coffee morning was held outside of the salon as the stylists were working throughout the day.
Unfortunately the weather was not on their side, but a few showers did not stop supporters, and with help from volunteering salon clients and friends, the morning was a great success.
Salon owner Linda Pepper said: “Our first coffee morning was so tiny and I had my apprentice making rice crispy cakes on the day in the kitchen as we were running out of cakes.”
“We have probably raised over £18,000 in the last 13 years looking at our records.
“We have to thank so many people for donating wonderful cakes, preserves, flowers and raffle prizes.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
- 10 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
“We have held the coffee morning every year since we opened in 2005 and our thanks go to our local community which continues to give us wonderful support.”