Wisbech hair salon raises £2,300 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
A hair salon that takes part in an annual fund raising campaign for cancer support has revealed this year’s efforts raised £2,321.
VIP Hair in Walsoken, Wisbech hosted its annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in September on behalf of MacMillan Cancer Support to raise this impressive sum.
The coffee morning was held outside of the salon as the stylists were working throughout the day.
Unfortunately the weather was not on their side, but a few showers did not stop supporters, and with help from volunteering salon clients and friends, the morning was a great success.
Salon owner Linda Pepper said: “Our first coffee morning was so tiny and I had my apprentice making rice crispy cakes on the day in the kitchen as we were running out of cakes.”
You may also want to watch:
“We have probably raised over £18,000 in the last 13 years looking at our records.
“We have to thank so many people for donating wonderful cakes, preserves, flowers and raffle prizes.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
“We have held the coffee morning every year since we opened in 2005 and our thanks go to our local community which continues to give us wonderful support.”