Wisbech Grammar Schools first ever Michaelmas Charity Ball raises £4,500
- Credit: Archant
The inaugural Michaelmas Charity Ball hosted by parent committee, Friends of Wisbech Grammar School, proved a great success as the school raised £4,500 for charity.
The School’s new multi-million pound refectory, Skelton Hall, took on a winter wonderland feel as guests enjoyed champagne, and live music from the band ‘Red, Hot and Blue’ on Saturday November 14.
A four course dinner, catered by the School’s kitchen, was served by sixth form pupils.
Chair of the Friends Committee, Louise O’Connor said, “The evening would not have been possible without the support of a whole range of people within and outside school, our sponsors and the hard working committee. A magnificent sum of £4,500 was raised for the charity ShelterBox enabling them to provide vulnerable families with the emergency shelter and vital equipment they need to survive in disaster zones across the world.”
ShelterBox provide emergency shelter and vital supplies to support communities overwhelmed by disaster and humanitarian crisis around the world.
You may also want to watch:
More information on ShelterBox can be found at http://www.shelterbox.org/.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 4 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit