Wisbech Grammar School students bow out in style with farewell feast
A BLACK-TIE banquet was held at Wisbech Grammar School to give departing members of the upper sixth form the chance to bow out in style.
Dapper gentlemen and glamorous girls enjoyed canap�s and Pimm’s on the headmaster’s lawn before swanning into the banquet to the tunes of the school’s swing band.
Guests tucked into the farewell feast prepared by head of food and nutrition Alison Sloan and her talented team.
Summer terrine, boeuf bourguignon, baked whole salmon and a summer berry meringue tart helped give the sumptuous menu a seasonal flavour.
Deiniol Williams, head of sixth form, highlighted the achievements of the students, and the head boy and head girl, Timothy Harrington and Sarah O’Hare, responded. Mr Williams then proposed a toast to all the leavers.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy head Christine Noxon said: “This was a wonderful culmination to the students’ years at Wisbech Grammar School. Some of them were our first entries into reception at Magdalene House and they have spent 14 years here.”
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'