Wisbech Grammar School’s glitzy Michaelmas ball raises thousands for Arthur Rank Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School raised an impressive £6,000 for the Arthur Rank Hospice thanks to its annual Michaelmas ball.
The school’s refectory was transformed into a glitzy dinner hall as guests enjoyed prosecco and live music from ‘The Funtime Frankies’ and ‘Nightlife Entertainment.’
Entertainment was followed by a four-course dinner, cooked by the school’s kitchen.
Chairman of the Friends Committee, Louise O’Connor, said: “The evening would not have been possible without the support of a whole range of people within and outside School, our sponsors and the hard working committee.
“A magnificent sum of £6,000 was raised, half of which will fund new play equipment for the Preparatory School at Wisbech Grammar and half will go to the Alan Hudson Day Centre, a Hospice set up by the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity which supports people in Cambridgeshire who are living with a life-limiting illness.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Staley, headmaster, said, “A sincere thank you to our fantastic Friends’ committee for all the hard work that went in to ensuring that the second Michaelmas Ball was a great success.”
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'