Wisbech Grammar School’s glitzy Michaelmas ball raises thousands for Arthur Rank Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School raised an impressive £6,000 for the Arthur Rank Hospice thanks to its annual Michaelmas ball.
The school’s refectory was transformed into a glitzy dinner hall as guests enjoyed prosecco and live music from ‘The Funtime Frankies’ and ‘Nightlife Entertainment.’
Entertainment was followed by a four-course dinner, cooked by the school’s kitchen.
Chairman of the Friends Committee, Louise O’Connor, said: “The evening would not have been possible without the support of a whole range of people within and outside School, our sponsors and the hard working committee.
“A magnificent sum of £6,000 was raised, half of which will fund new play equipment for the Preparatory School at Wisbech Grammar and half will go to the Alan Hudson Day Centre, a Hospice set up by the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity which supports people in Cambridgeshire who are living with a life-limiting illness.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Staley, headmaster, said, “A sincere thank you to our fantastic Friends’ committee for all the hard work that went in to ensuring that the second Michaelmas Ball was a great success.”
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk