Wisbech Grammar School’s glitzy Michaelmas ball raises thousands for Arthur Rank Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School raised an impressive £6,000 for the Arthur Rank Hospice thanks to its annual Michaelmas ball.
The school’s refectory was transformed into a glitzy dinner hall as guests enjoyed prosecco and live music from ‘The Funtime Frankies’ and ‘Nightlife Entertainment.’
Entertainment was followed by a four-course dinner, cooked by the school’s kitchen.
Chairman of the Friends Committee, Louise O’Connor, said: “The evening would not have been possible without the support of a whole range of people within and outside School, our sponsors and the hard working committee.
“A magnificent sum of £6,000 was raised, half of which will fund new play equipment for the Preparatory School at Wisbech Grammar and half will go to the Alan Hudson Day Centre, a Hospice set up by the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity which supports people in Cambridgeshire who are living with a life-limiting illness.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Staley, headmaster, said, “A sincere thank you to our fantastic Friends’ committee for all the hard work that went in to ensuring that the second Michaelmas Ball was a great success.”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart