Wisbech Grammar School raises £2,900 for Cancer Research with a race at their place!
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School pupils and staff raised almost £3,000 by lacing up their running shoes and hosting a ‘race at their place.’
The school’s head of maths, Geoff Howes, and Friends of Wisbech Grammar School organised the event as well as a tombola stall, BBQ and steel band.
Dozens of runners took part in either a 5k or 1k challenge, raising £2,900, and every runner received a medal. Tesco Extra in Wisbech also chipped in with a donation of water bottles.
A Wisbech Grammar School spokesman said: “Families were there representing loved ones, friends and people they knew affected by cancer.
“There was one goal in mind – to raise awareness and money for Cancer Research.
You may also want to watch:
“The kindness and generosity show by everyone was truly inspiring with many people donating money on top of paying their registration fee.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Citizens Advice Rural Cambs open doors to new office