Wisbech Grammar School raises £2,900 for Cancer Research with a race at their place!
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School pupils and staff raised almost £3,000 by lacing up their running shoes and hosting a ‘race at their place.’
The school’s head of maths, Geoff Howes, and Friends of Wisbech Grammar School organised the event as well as a tombola stall, BBQ and steel band.
Dozens of runners took part in either a 5k or 1k challenge, raising £2,900, and every runner received a medal. Tesco Extra in Wisbech also chipped in with a donation of water bottles.
A Wisbech Grammar School spokesman said: “Families were there representing loved ones, friends and people they knew affected by cancer.
“There was one goal in mind – to raise awareness and money for Cancer Research.
You may also want to watch:
“The kindness and generosity show by everyone was truly inspiring with many people donating money on top of paying their registration fee.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site