Wisbech Grammar School raises £2,900 for Cancer Research with a race at their place!
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School pupils and staff raised almost £3,000 by lacing up their running shoes and hosting a ‘race at their place.’
The school’s head of maths, Geoff Howes, and Friends of Wisbech Grammar School organised the event as well as a tombola stall, BBQ and steel band.
Dozens of runners took part in either a 5k or 1k challenge, raising £2,900, and every runner received a medal. Tesco Extra in Wisbech also chipped in with a donation of water bottles.
A Wisbech Grammar School spokesman said: “Families were there representing loved ones, friends and people they knew affected by cancer.
“There was one goal in mind – to raise awareness and money for Cancer Research.
You may also want to watch:
“The kindness and generosity show by everyone was truly inspiring with many people donating money on top of paying their registration fee.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed